New Safety Procedures
The safety of our guests and employees is our number one priority and we would like to re-assure you that measures are in place to provide a clean, safe and welcoming environment in our hotel. Here is an overview of some of the measures in place:
- New queuing system - A queuing system has been implemented at reception and food collection points with 2 metre floor stickers advising guests where to stand at a safe distance from each other. We have also implemented a strict rule that one individual/family is allowed in the lift at any one time, this is signposted and there are hand sanitising stations outside the lifts.
- Contactless check-in and check-out process - Perspex screens have been placed on the reception desk and debit/credit card machines are cleaned every hour. Key cards are also left at the end of the reception desk ready for guests to collect and are sanitised after every use. Prior to check-out guests will be called to confirm any additional charges and invoices will be emailed to guests after departure.
- Hand sanitising stations – multiple stations have been placed in all main areas of the hotel for guests to utilise. All high touch points are sanitised after every guest interaction or every hour depending on the usage including door handles, debit/credit card machines and pens.
- Accommodation - There will be increased cleanliness of bedrooms before arrival/after departure of guests. This includes disinfecting all touchpoints within the bedroom, all non-essential items have been removed from the bedrooms and are available on request and for guests staying more than one night, housekeeping services have been reduced to minimise interaction of guests and employees but will be available on request.
- Room service and grab and go breakfast offerings - Room service and a grab and go breakfast will be available, this service can be ordered via the phone and guests will be provided with a collection time along with the designated collection point information. All utensils provided will be disposable and food handling will be kept to a minimum.
- Safety of our guests and employees is our number one priority - Our employees have been fully equipped with the necessary PPE equipment to keep them and our guests safe. Our employees have also been trained on maintaining a high standard of hygiene including hand sanitising after each interaction with a guest, rigorous cleaning procedures before and after each shift change and regular cleanliness upkeep within high traffic areas of the hotel. They have also been trained how to handle any suspected cases of COVID-19 within the hotel and how to keep guests safe if this did occur.
- To find out more information, please click here
We are ready when you are ready, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel
Supporting your plans
We know that flexibility is what our guests are looking for right now, so IHG are continually improving their policy to suit these uncertain times. For more information on IHG official updates please click here.
Bureau Veritas, a world leader in testing, inspection and certification, have confirmed that we are compliant in all areas and have given us a 100% score, providing you with the assurance that you will be in safe hands when staying with us.
Feel right at home at our comfortable Shrewsbury hotel
Our Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury hotel is just 45 minute drive from Birmingham International Airport and just 10 minutes from the historic town centre of Shrewsbury.
Located in a quiet and beautiful spot on the edge of the Shropshire countryside, our hotel offers guests the perfect relaxing pit stop while being close enough to major travel connections including the A5 and M54. With 73 free car parking spaces, you'll be able to get up and go in no time.
Conveniently located, simply book now or call our hotel directly on 01743 817 131.
Conveniently located for your next meeting
Within walking distance from our hotel to Shrewsbury Business Park, our corporate guests need only to walk a few minutes to get to work, or alternatively, work from our hotel in one of our meeting rooms.
With all the facilities to hold a productive meeting as well as helpful and dedicated staff to organise planning and catering, we'll ensure your meeting goes to plan without a glitch.
Locations and attractions to explore
Located on the doorstep of the historic town of Shrewsbury, there really is plenty to see and do when you next visit. From visiting Shrewsbury Castle to Shrewsbury Abbey, there are also many festivals also take place throughout the year. Visit our Leisure breaks pages to find out more.